Skismart Limited (“We” and “Us” as appropriate) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you interact with our website (“Website”) at www.skismart.co.uk
This policy, together with any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
By visiting the Website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Skismart Limited, with its registered office at Turret House, Station Road, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 0AB.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Mr T. Phipps.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give Us – this is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Website, interacting with the Site or by corresponding with Us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you sign up to our newsletter service or make an enquiry about our products and services.
- Information We collect about you – this is information that we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the Website. It typically involves technical information and is often collected using small data files called “cookies”. This information helps Us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Website and also to indicate where the Website requires improvement. For more details please see “Cookies” below).
- Information We receive from other sources – this is information We receive from third parties, such as business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and others. We will notify you when We receive information about you from them and the purposes for which We intend to use that information.
You can read our data retention policy here.
Social Media platforms
We operate social media platforms. These platforms are, in most cases, operated outside the EU and do not comply with current Date Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provisions although they may well conform to the U.S. Privacy Shield protocol.
It is our process and protocol that any personally identifiable data gathered on these platforms is only in response to users interacting with our marketing pages of their own volition. The contact is deemed a legitimate business enquiry. The personal contact data is removed from the site once the enquiry is processed or the user has requested We do so.
Our Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how our visitors use our Website. We anonymise this data at the point of collection and automatically delete user and event data that is older than two years.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
The cookies that We could use can be split into the following four categories:
- Necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the Website
- Analytical cookies – these cookies allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the Website and to see how they move around within the Website when they are using it. This helps Us to improve the way the Website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily
- Third party cookies – these are used to enable third party (e.g. Google) services to work, for example Google Captcha on forms or Google Maps. Some third parties use their cookies for advertising purposes. We have no control over these cookies and you should refer directly to these parties’ privacy policies for more information.
You can block cookies by activating the settings on your browser that allows you to refuse the usage of all or some cookies. However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the Website. In particular, you may be unable to access all or part of the Website or to use the functionalities contained within it.
|Necessary Cookies||PHPSESSID||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAccepted||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||woocommerce_items_in_cart||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Analytical cookies||'_ga', '_gat', '_gid'||Used to see how our website users navigate the site|
|google.co.uk||'1P_JAR', 'CONSENT', 'NID', 'DV'||Google cookie. These cookies are used to collect website statistics and track conversion rates|
|PayPal.com||'[ reference ]', 'LANG', 'X-PP-K', 'X-PP-SILOVER'||Used by PayPal to provide payment service sessions on the website|
|abmr.net||'01AI', 'cookie_check', 'enforce_policy', 'ts', 'tsrce', 'x-pp-s', 'sc_f', 'c', 'session', 'AKDC', 'akavpau_ppsd', 'nsid', 'tcs', 'PYPF'||Used by PayPal to provide payment service sessions on the website|
|Sagepay||'JSESSIONID', 'NSC_WJQ-[reference]'||Used by Sagepay to provide payment service sessions on the website|
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
All information about you that We collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any transaction entered into between you and Us, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us
- To notify you about any changes to our services
- To administer the Website for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To manage the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see “WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA” below)
Information We receive from other sources – We will combine this information with the information you give to Us and the information We collect about you. We will use this aggregated information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any transaction or contract We enter into with them or you
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website
- Third party support services such as, but not limited to, project management tools, accounting systems and hosting data centre
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If We, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients or others
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information that you provide to Us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers, and We will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy including:
- Installing a secure firewall
- Using anti-virus protection software
- Encrypting data
- Carrying out regular back-ups
All data sent via Website forms is passed through a third party relay service and deleted after 30 days.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Website, and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified
- The right to request the deletion or removal or your information where there is no further reason for Us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent)
- The right to restrict the use of your information
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that We have about you for your own purposes
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes)
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at the e-mail address given below. In some cases we are permitted to charge a fee in respect of our administrative costs.
If you would like to request the information We hold about you under a Subject Access Request (SAR), you may do so via the e-mail address given below.
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact Mr T. Phipps at the the registered office address above. Alternatively you may lodge an official complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website https://ico.org.uk or by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check the relevant policies before you submit any personal data to such websites.